This section contains scenes of violence and other explicit material.

Enter

Format: Vinyl 12" ( includes inlay with liner notes and photographs)
Artist: The Vulgar Boatmen
Release date: July 2018
Original release: 1992, Record Collect
Produced by: Jonathan Isley & Robert Ray
Additional production by: Walter Salas-Humara, Paul Mahern
Mixed by: Peter Moore
Mixing Engineer: Tom Henderson, Eastern Sound, Toronto
"Calling Upstairs" and "I‘m Not Stuck on You" remixed by Paul Mahern and Dale Lawrence
All songs by: Lawrence-Ray, except "Don‘t Metion It" (Crane, Lawrence, Ray, Stephenson)

Other coming albums by The Vulgar Boatmen on play loud!:
You and Your Sister (Vinyl 12")
Opposite Sex (Vinyl 12")

Más

pl-80
vinilo-12

15.00 €

PLEASE PANIC - LINER NOTES (extract)

For anyone whose life has been spent in thrall to rock ‘n’ roll, it’s no news that-- heard at the right time, the right age, in the right place--a song, an album, even a line can sound as if the secrets of the universe are opening before you. Rock ‘n’ roll is the great populist art form. Its great contradiction is that it can also draw lines through generations, friendships, even our own lives. And so, while those secrets burst forth to us as if uttered by some cosmic whistleblower, to others they can sound like gibberish, like an obscenity, like nothing. I can’t tell you what a-wop-bop-a-loo-bop-a-lop-bam-boom means, or what goo goo g’joob means, or why the cheesy organ in “Sweet Pea” has the effect a siren’s song did on mariners, or why the sudden rough downstroke that ends Lindsay Buckingham’s guitar solo in “Go Your Own Way” sounds like a man emerging, panting, from a fever. The secret club at the heart of this populist art is made up of people for whom those words, those sounds, those inflections (“I’ve thrown away my nights/wasted all my days/over you-oo-oo uh-oh”) were heard as coded transmissions from the underground. This music, almost always thought of as aggressive, often chooses to whisper its meanings, confident they will find their intended targets and be understood. When the Beatles asked “Do You Want to Know a Secret?” they could have been looking for the fans ready to hear the unimagined music still to come.

(Extract from the liner notes written by Charles Taylor, New York City, January 2018)

carrito  

No hay productos

0.00 € Transporte
0.00 € Impuestos
0.00 € Total

Estos precios se entienden IVA incluído

Confirmar

PayPal