This section contains scenes of violence and other explicit material.

Enter
Format: Vinyl 12"
Artist: Roky Erickson
Release date: April 2017
Produced by: Casey Monahan and Speedy Sparks
All songs written by: Roky Erickson
Format: vinyl 12", CD and download

play loud! re-issues this record for the first time ever!

Upon request those who buy this vinyl record at our archive&store will receive the record as mp3 files once they have completed their purchase.

Más

pl-142
vinilo-12

22.00 €

• 1 LP + 1 CD

Tax included - shipping excluded
    26.00 € Add to cart

• For record stores or resellers who buy more than 10 records we offer special rates.
      Please contact us at [email protected]

• 01 I'm Gonna Free Her

3:03

• 02 Starry Eyes (acoustic version)

3:38

• 3 You Don’t Love Me Yet

4:24

• 04 Please Judge

4:28

• 05 Don’t Slander Me

4:14

• 06 We Are Never Talking

3:46

• 07 For You (I’d Do Anything)

2:16

• 08 For You

3:01

• 09 Clear Night for Love

2:47

• 10 Haunt

3:40

• 11 Starry Eyes

3:10

List of musicians performing on “All That May Do My Rhyme”:
    Roky Erickson: Vocals, guitar
    Paul Leary: Guitar
    Charlie Sexton: Guitar
    Lou Ann Barton: Vocals
    John Reed: Guitar
    Speedy Sparks: Guitar
    Ernie Durawa: Drums
    Harry Hess: Guitar, harmonica
    John Hagen: Cello
    Sumner Erickson: Tuba, vocals
    Carey Bowman: Guitar
    All songs written by Roky Erickson
    Produced by Casey Monahan and Speedy Sparks

Roky Erickson is a legend. Former member of the 13th Floor Elevators he was considered the white James Brown. Drug problems and a diagnosed schizophrenia made him an outsider. By the '90s, he was struggling to survive on a $200 monthly Social Security check. In 1990 artists like R.E.M., ZZ Top, and the Jesus and Mary Chain recorded his songs for a tribute album. Erickson performed publicly for the first time in many years at the Austin Music Awards. In 1994 he returned to the studio with guitarists Charlie Sexton and the Butthole Surfers’ Paul Leary to record ALL THAT MAY DO MY RHYME.

Roky Erickson gilt als Legende. Als Mitglied der 13th Floor Elevators nannte man ihn auch den weißen James Brown. Drogenprobleme und eine diagnostizierte Schizophrenie machten ihn zum ewigen Outsider. In den 90ern lebte er von der Sozialhilfe. Ein Tribute-Album aus 1993 mit u.a. R.E.M., ZZ Top und Jesus and Mary Chain brachte ihm neue Aufmerksamkeit. 1994 dann ging er mit dem Gitarristen Charlie Sexton und Paul Leary von den Butthole Surfers ins Studio, um ALL THAT MAY DO MY RHYME aufzunehmen. Dies ist die erste Wiederveröffentlichung als LP/CD und DL.

This record was released on CD, MC and vinyl in 1994 on Paul Leary’s Trance Syndicate label.

Read here some notes from the original press release:
    Trance Syndicate is pleased to present the first studio recording in almost a decade by one of the most gifted, most influential, most inspired singer/songwriters from the Republic of Texas since Buddy Holly.

Roky Erickson is back! performing new songs and a few classics in one of the best studios in Texas, backed by some of Texas’ finest musicians. (See list of the musicians performing on the record)

carrito  

No hay productos

0.00 € Transporte
    0.00 € Impuestos
    0.00 € Total

Estos precios se entienden IVA incluído

Confirmar

PayPal